There are presently no open calls for submissions.
CALL FOR SPEAKERS
Stupid Cancer is proud to announce the call for speakers for CancerCon 2019 to be held April 11-14, 2019. Deadline for the Call for Speakers is August 21st. If your submission is selected for inclusion in the conference, you will be informed in late September. Those selected to present will receive a complimentary registration for the conference.
CancerCon is looking for professional speakers to conduct open, interactive, and age-appropriate sessions tailored to meet the unique and unmet needs of the young adult cancer community.
The largest event of its kind, CancerCon offers attendees an experience to get educated, empowered, and connected to a network of age-appropriate support programs and services, and a global community of peers their own age who are just as pissed and scared as them. Join young adults (patients, survivors, caregivers, family, friends, non-profit professionals, and activists) in Denver next April for three life-changing days of plenaries, workshops, breakout sessions, and social activities.
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION
See a full breakdown of Submission Guidelines and tips for submitting HERE
Presentation submissions should be targeted to the needs of our audience categories.
- Survivor - Newly Diagnosed
- Survivor - In Treatment
- Survivor - 1 - 4 Years Post Treatment
- Survivor - 5+ Years Treatment
- Survivor - Long-Term Teen and Pediatric
- Survivor - Chronic/Advanced/Metastatic
- Non-Profit Professional
- Health Professional
*Priority will be given to submissions that focus on one or two specific audience groups.
Previous topics have included: Cancer & The Environment, Clinical Trials 101, Genomics & Personalized Medicine, PTSD, Alternative Medicine, Nutrition, Meditation, Survivor Guilt, Pain Management, Caregiver Support, Chronic/Advanced/Disease, Digital Health & ePatients, and more.
All presentations are either 60 minutes or 90 minutes in length. If selected, the format and length of your presentation will be prescribed by Stupid Cancer.
Submissions will be reviewed by a speaker committee comprised of Stupid Cancer staff, industry professionals, and members of our stakeholder audience for quality and content.
THE IDEAL CANCERCON SPEAKER/MODERATOR IS:
- Experienced, engaging, and comfortable speaking in front of large groups
- Qualified to moderate and/or lead interactive discussions/Q&A
- Knowledgeable about subject matter/topic in specific regard to the AYA cancer community
- Willing to partner with CancerCon producers to deliver the most relevant and meaningful content geared towards specific audience groups.
- Open and able to promote CancerCon to their patients/survivors/local AYA community
Call for Speakers Submission Deadline - August 21, 2018
Notification of Submission Status - September/October
CancerCon 2019 - April 11 - 14, 2019
Please see our FAQ or email email@example.com with questions.